EASTON, PENNSYLVANIA - HOME OF THE RED ROVERS - TRADITION LIVES HERE
DESIRE * ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE * WORK ETHIC * GIVE BACK TO OUR COMMUNITY * SACRIFICE
875 ALL-TIME WINS
# 2 in PA
#7 in USA
PIAA DISTRICT XI CHAMPIONS
Cottingham Stadium At a Glance:
The stadium was named after William W. Cottingham who served as Superintendent of Easton Public Schools for more than 50 years (starting in 1853).
9/27/24 - Easton dedicated Cottingham Field, and played a game against Stroudsburg High School with a score of 93-0. They only had temporary stands for about 2,000 fans the first year.
1925 - Permanent stands were built on the South side of the field (now the visitors' side).
1925-1929 - Crowds were exceeding 8,000 and temporary stands were erected on the North side of the field.
1930 - Permanent stands were built on the North side of the field (which is currently the Home side).
9/19/53 - The very first night game was played at Cottingham Stadium with an attendance of 11,470. Easton defeated Wilson High School 19-0. Lights at Cottingham.docx
1955 - Construction started on the Cottingham Stadium Fieldhouse.
9/14/56 - The locker room at the Cottingham Stadium Fieldhouse was first used.
Fall of 1982 - The name of the field house was changed to the Bob Rute Memorial Field House in honor of Coach Rute. This honor was given to him since he was such an important part of Easton's football history from the 1930's through the 1960's as both a player and a coach.
N. 11th St.
Easton, PA 18042